The department provides training to students on the job market. In addition to presentations and mock interviews with faculty and peers, we engage a job market consultant to provide coaching on presentation and interview skills. The job market website includes information about each candidate (CV, website, photo and contact information).
Job market students should prepare a CV and website by following the instructions below.
Use the following instructions to create your vita.
- Click on the MS Word file vita.doc and open it in MS Word or download it to your computer.
- Or, download a LaTeX zip folder. Make sure all files are downloaded to the same folder. (See a sample PDF.)
- Edit as appropriate and fill in between the **s or replace the XX's.
- Delete any sections that are not appropriate.
- In the Word file, double click on the header on page 2 and insert your first and last name.
- Carefully proofread
- Save the file for yourself.
- Convert the Word document you just created into PDF format.
- Save it with the title "Download Vita (PDF).pdf"
- Post on your personal job market web site (see instructions below).
We also need some information to build the Department's job market homepage. This provides information on your field(s) and allows links to your e-mail address, web page, and the e-mail addresses of your references. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org the following attachments:
- A Word file with information to build your website (click here to download this file)
- A PDF of your vita
- The photograph you are using on your personal website
Preparing your personal website
Job market candidates should set up individual pages on Northwestern's NUSites platform.
To maintain a uniform appearance for our job market candidates, you must use our standard template for your homepage.Back to top