The Placement Director coordinates the Department's job search assistance:
- The department disseminates vitae of job market candidates are disseminated by the department on its web site.
- Candidates can also prepare a personal web page.
Students on the job market should inform the Placement Director of their preferred positions, any constraints they face, the state of their negotiations and their acceptance of job offers.
Use the following instructions to create your vita.
- Either, click on the MS Word file vita.doc and open it in MS Word or download it to your computer.
- Or, download a LaTeX zip folder. Make sure all files are downloaded to the same folder. (See a sample PDF.)
- Edit as appropriate and fill in between the **s or replace the XX's.
- Delete any sections that are not appropriate.
- In the Word file, double click on the header on page 2 and insert your first and last name.
- Carefully proofread
- Save the file for yourself.
- Convert the Word document you just created into PDF format.
- Save it with the title "Download Vita (PDF).pdf"
- Post on your personal job market web site (see instructions below).
We also need some information to build the Department's job market homepage. This provides information on your field(s) and allows links to your e-mail address, web page, and the e-mail addresses of your references. To do we need to submit to email@example.com the following attachments:
- A Word file with information to build our website, click here to download this file.
- A PDF of your vita (this is for his reference in preparing our site)
- The photograph you are using on your personal website
Preparing your personal website
Job market candidates should set up individual pages on Northwestern's NUSites platform.
To maintain a uniform appearance for our job market candidates, you must use our standard template for your homepage.Back to top