To plan your course load and academic experience, use our course catalog and class descriptions.
GRADUATE Course catalog
Read brief descriptions of each graduate course. Not all courses listed here will be offered every quarter.
ANNUAL & QUARTERLY Class ScheduleS
Access available courses for a given quarter or academic year. Instructors, class locations and times will also be listed here.
COURSE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Students must adhere to TGS's General Registration Policies. Per TGS, students are not permitted to add classes or change sections past the quarter’s deadline except in case of unusual and extraordinary circumstances via the Late Registration Petition.
- Full-Time Registration: Any student who is funded with a teaching assistantship, research assistantship or fellowship must be registered full-time.
- First Year Students: register for 3 units of credit (micro, macro and econometric courses)
- Second Year Students: register for 3 units of field courses
- If you don’t need 3 units, you can replace one or two of the units with ECON 590 (departmental research) to maintain full-time status. Please email the Graduate Program Manager if you have trouble registering for ECON 590; in many cases TGS will need to override you into the course per the Graduate Program Manager's request.
- Third Year Students & Beyond:
- If you are funded with a teaching assistantship, research assistantship or fellowship, you should register for TGS 500. TGS 500 is an advanced, full-time registration for students who have begun work on their dissertation.
- You only need to register for TGS 500 once per quarter. Please do not enter multiple TGS 500 registrations in one quarter.
- You may add, if necessary, one additional course with TGS 500. Please email the Graduate Program Manager if you have trouble registering for TGS 500; in many cases TGS will need to override you into the course per the Graduate Program Manager's request.
- If you are unfunded and not registered for program coursework or any other TGS registration, but continuing in the program, you should register for TGS 512. This registration is considered a continuous registration for those who are unfunded, but still working on their dissertation. The registration fee is $100/qtr.
Back to top